Thursday, February 2, 2012

Enjoy God-Enjoy Life

So how does the Christian really enjoy this life? If one Google's this question you can find 9 steps, 30 steps, 100 steps to finding real enjoyment in life. They run from get rich, think positive to get a horse and feed the ducks. There are many interesting ideas, but they put focus on me, myself and I. Rather than focusing on myself,I can choose to focus my mind on God. The psalmist gave us the simple answer as to how to enjoy life, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4.
I often find myself pursuing the desires of my heart and expecting God to give them to me for my enjoyment. I often find that I desire to enjoy myself, to know myself, to glorify myself, rather than delighting in God my creator. At those times it seems life is not too enjoyable or delightful. My challenge for today is to focus on enjoying God, knowing God, glorifying God, really delighting myself in God. Amazingly when I focus on Him, He supplies the desires of my heart and my life is a joy.
Care to join me today enjoying God, knowing God, glorifying God, we'll never regret the focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment