Monday, May 16, 2011

How are we to live the Christian Life?

Often I am asked "How do you live the Christian life?" the answer is found in the title of this little blog, by Abiding in Grace. To begin we must understand that it is impossible to live the Christian life, not difficult, impossible...how's that for encouraging? You see to live the Christian life you must live perfectly, every action, every thought, every moment. Give Up? Surrender? That's the idea...we cannot do it, we cannot perform perfectly. Thankfully Christianity is not centered on performance but on a person, Jesus Christ! The Christian life is not about Christ, not about trying to mimic His lifestyle, not about trying to perform like He would perform...You see the Christian life is really not about Christ, IT IS CHRIST! He is alive and we are to surrender to Him and abide(dwell, tarry, depend) on Him to live through us. Give Him a chance today, ask Christ to live through you...even if it is only until lunchtime.
Colossians 3:3-4, Galatians 2:20

1 comment:

  1. I like agendas in my life to keep track of what I need to accomplish throughout my day. God has shown me, however, in my walk with Him that I am to set aside "my" agenda, and trust His. To me, that revelation is so freeing. After all, His agenda for me is absolutely perfect for what He has planned out for me.

    I appreciate your heart, my friend.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete