Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Giving Up Control

As I begin the day in quiet, I begin one of the most difficult tasks that I face each day...giving up control, stepping off of God's throne, allowing Him to be in charge. It's quite funny to really believe I am in control, it only takes a moment, a sudden turn of events, something unexpected, a situation which I cannot impact and the reality hits home. I am not in control! Why is this obvious fact so difficult for me to grasp?
Thankfully for me and all of you, I am not in charge, instead the Good One, the Perfect One, the Loving One, the God of Grace is working all things together for good.
As I move through life on earth, I begin the days with a simple prayer;
Jesus, You are my Lord and Savior. I am Your child, liberated and depending on Your power.
Therefore Christ, this is Your day to be lived for Your glory, work through my eyes, my mouth, my thoughts, my actions to carry out Your Victory.
Although I do not know the author of the prayer, the Author of Life, I know! Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment