Saturday, May 28, 2011

Facing Fear

It seems when God leads us in a direction the first emotion we often face is fear.
Even as I consider writing in a blog, there is a battle with fear. There is a fear of writing something stupid,
there is a fear of embarrassment for myself, my family, my friends, our church. There is fear that I have nothing worthwhile to share, that nobody cares what I think or write, why waste the time? There is a fear of criticism, especially criticism that will be deserved. With all these fears in mind, I decided to write,
1 John 4:18-19 "Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not experienced His perfect love. We love each other because He loved us first."
There is nothing to fear because I am in Christ, Loved by God! Punishment looks back, but as I look back, I am reminded that Jesus Christ took the punishment on the cross for ALL my sins....
So I write, for His Glory, I have nothing really to fear because He first loved. As God leads you to take a step for His Glory today, Just DO IT, when faced with fear, DO IT anyway...You are Loved!

1 comment:

  1. The dogs of doom stand at the doors of your destiny. When you hear them barking you know you are near your promise land. Most people retreat in fear instead of crossing over and capturing their land. Fear is often disguised as wisdom or stewardship but it is a Trojan Horse sent in to steal your destiny. Fear is not your friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete